The Franklin County Public Defender is searching for a Social Worker.
Expires after 07/29/2022
Coordinating with case attorneys, develops information relative to clients' problems, environment, behavior patterns, etc. and proposes positive alternatives to incarceration or other penalties.
- Accumulates and reviews available facts about the case and the client from case attorney and court personnel. (Involvement in a case is generally initiated by a request from case attorney or the judge.)
- Interviews clients to observe and discover additional facts, attitudes, reactions, etc.
- Makes field investigations, including discussions with client family members, friends, neighbors, etc.
- Communicates with witnesses and professionals.
- Makes recommendations relative to sentencing alternative, clients' efforts to correct problems, etc. Prepares pre-sentence reports.
- Maintains a knowledge of social agencies and their services and a line of communications with such agencies.
- In cases that result in incarceration, when appropriate, pursues early release options, advises client, etc.
- Performs other similar and related duties or duties as may be designated by the Unit Chief or Attorneys.
- Four (4) year degree in an accredited college or university in social work or closely related curricula.
- Must have a current license for social work in the State of Ohio.
NOTE: Social Worker II
- One (1) year of experience in the field of social work, preferably associated with the judicial system, counseling and knowledge of local social agencies and services.
requires three (3) to four (4) years additional experience, including exemplary experience as Social Worker I.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and others, both inside and outside the Public Defender organization.
SOCIAL WORKER (I & II) (continued)
5. Must have a car, good driving record, valid driver’s license, and automobile
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information relative to clients and other associates.
The starting salary is $ $49,858.00. County benefits include medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage as well as paid vacation after six months.
The Franklin County Public Defender is searching for a Common Pleas Staff Attorney I.
Expires after 05/31/2022
The Franklin County Public Defender is searching for a Common Pleas Staff Attorney I. Provides direct legal representation to indigent persons in criminal proceedings.
Experience: Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited school of law.
Must be licensed by the Supreme Court of Ohio to practice law in the State of Ohio.
The starting salary is based on experience. County benefits include medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage as well as paid vacation after six months of service.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to:
Or mail to:
Franklin County Public Defender
Attention: Maria Rice, HR Office
373 S. High St., 12th Fl.,
Columbus, OH 43215